A (Much Needed) Life UpdateJuly 29, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | 2 Comments
I know…I know…I’m a bad blogger. Sue me. Ha! KIDDING!
No, but in all seriousness, I don’t blog enough. I always have all of these blog post ideas swirling around in my head, but I never take the time to sit and write them out. Summers are crazy around here, this summer especially. On this summer’s agenda (even though it’s already more than 1/2 over, ugh!):
1) Fish, fish, and fish some more (nothing new here)
2) Plan a wedding
3) Second shoot weddings like crazy
4) Get our house ready for J’s mom and grandma to visit
5) Work 40+ hours a week
6) Somehow work in solo photo shoots for practice
7) BLOG MORE! (yes, this warrants ALL CAPS, bolding, italics, AND underlining)
…and the list goes on and on. All while still maintaining the regular stuff like eating, sleeping (which rarely amounts to more than 4 hours a night during fishing season), doing laundry, feeding our dogs (who are beginning to think we’ve abandoned them), and other necessary parts of everyday life.
SOOO many amazing things have happened since I last blogged, but since you probably have better things to do with your Friday than sit and read a 20 page essay, let’s sum things up:
– Assisted the lovely Jaime Clapp, with a beautiful wedding on the bluff, in Homer.
– Finally took the leap and bought my own domain name (more on that to come).
– Had our engagement shoot with my photography soul mate, Jaime Clapp (love you Jaime!)
– Applied for a photography scholarship through the local community college.
– Scored my very first second shooting gig with Shawna Shields of Narrow Road Productions (it was a huge wedding with all sorts of fabulousness).
– Made my first REAL lens purchase and fell madly in love with my new (to me at least) Canon 28-70 f/2.8L.
– Shot my very first maternity session (also my first portrait session EVER!)
– Had some incredibly amazing chats with the ever-inspiring Candice Benjamin via Facebook.
– Fished, nearly every day of the week and weekend.
– Had an amazing weekend, camping and dip netting in Kasilof.
– Scouted photo shoot locations for our wedding, in Seward, with Jaime Clapp.
– Had a much needed girls night of dinner and a movie with Jaime Clapp.
– Second shot an incredible, Girdwood wedding with Jaime Clapp.
(geez, this makes it look like July was the month of Jaime, haha! All of those last three happened in the same weekend, so I guess it was a weekend of Jaime.🙂 )
All of this while working 40+ hours a week, planning a wedding, fishing nearly every day, taking multiple (and I mean at least 10, if not more) people fishing for their first time, and having a semi-normal social life. WHEW!! I’m tired just from typing all of that.
There are SO many more amazing things to come too:
1 ) Second shooting another wedding with Shawna on August 6th.
2 ) Shooting a newborn portrait session (follow up from my maternity session I did in June)
3 ) Seeing J’s mom and grandma for the first time in 2 years (we haven’t seen them since we moved here), when they come to visit for the wedding.
4 ) Umm…GETTING MARRIED…SQUEEEEE!!!
5 ) Taking a mini honeymoon, driving all over Alaska for a few days.
6 ) Applying for Season 5 of Stratejoy (can we say nervous?!)
7 ) Launching and moving everything over to my new “photography” blog (seriously anxious about this one)
8 ) Setting up more portrait sessions, once the wedding craziness is over.
…and I’m sure there are a million more things I’m forgetting.
Stay tuned for more updates and a whole new blog!!!🙂
And because every post is better with a photo, here’s a blurry iPhone photo from last night’s fishing adventure: